Personal Underwater Model Mentoring & Photoshoot
Learn from the best!
Hannah Fraser, professional mermaid/underwater model and underwater activist, and Brett Stanley, world renowned underwater portrait photographer, offer private coaching to either start you on your mermaid path or to help you become even better! Between them Brett & Hannah have years of experience working underwater and can give you the right information to not only look amazing but to stay safe as well.
The private tuition/shoot includes:
- Professional underwater makeup
- 3hrs of quality time with Hannah & Brett
- Breath and pose coaching
- 6 retouched high resolution images
- Online gallery of all images
Hannah will also guide you through:
- Yoga/stretching routine designed to allow better oxygen flow through the body and lungs.
- Deep breathing and free diving breath hold techniques to increase breath hold capabilities.
- Tips and pointers on how to swim like a mermaid most effectively.
- Tips on mermaid tail making and construction.
- Tips on costume, hair, wig and makeup for underwater modelling.
- Fine tuning body movements, underwater dance and model poses and tricks for looking your best.
- How to blow bubble rings.
- Tips of how to build up a professional mermaid business.
- Stories on underwater animal encounters and knowledge on how to do this safely and effectively.
- Basic info on how to work with a safety diver while using their air tank while at depth.
The workshop will take place at one of our Los Angeles studios featuring a secluded heated pool. Showers and towels are provided, along with light snacks and refreshments.
The total cost for the workshop is US$1900, with a $200 deposit required to secure the date. Optional extras, such as Body Paint by Lana Chromium, can be added as well.
Book early, as Hannah & Brett are in high demand! They also travel, so if you’d like to have them come to you, please don’t hesitate to ask.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Hannah Mermaid has been featured worldwide for her underwater ocean conservation and performance art, creating her own spectacular tails, performing for film, music videos, campaigns, photo shoots, public speaking events, festivals & environmental actions. She swims with sharks, whales dolphins, seals, turtles, rays and more in the open ocean. Hannah can hold her breath for minutes at a time and freedive to depths of over 50 feet. She broke records as the first person to dance with Tiger Sharks on the ocean floor with no scuba or snorkel gear, and was part of an activist group who paddled out to protect dolphins from slaughter in the academy award winning film ’The Cove’. She released a short film called Mantas Last Dance that propelled Manta rays into the public eye and helped pass a law to protect mantas worldwide. She is an advocate for ocean protection, female empowerment, animal conservation and universal love!
Brett Stanley is a professional underwater photographer whose innovative work has been published worldwide in magazines such as New York Post, Cosmopolitan, Huffington Post, D-Photo, Gothesque, Dark Beauty, and features regularly on television . After falling in love with underwater portraiture in 2013 Brett made the move from New Zealand to Los Angeles, and his career has taken him to many countries around the world. His relaxed style of instruction creates a safe and enjoyable environment for his clients, many of whom can’t even swim. Brett’s goal is to bring the underwater experience to anyone who dreams of the surreal and fantastic. Brett also has a purpose-built Underwater Studio in Long Beach, California where he continues to push the genre of Underwater Portraiture.