Bahamas Underwater Adventure
Nassau, Bahamas 27 March – 1 April 2020
5 nights of underwater fun with Hannah Mermaid & Brett Stanley
$100 of every booking goes towards helping the Bahamas rebuild from Hurricane Dorian.
Join professional underwater model/coach/ocean activist Hannah Mermaid and photographer Brett Stanley on a 5 night trip to the amazing waters of the Bahamas! Staying in our own water front villa we will be exploring the underwater sights of this truely magical set of islands, learning breathing techniques, modelling tips, ocean protection issues, and taking photographs of all the fun with Brett & Hannah.
Who is this for?
This is more of a field trip/underwater vacation than a workshop, so it’s for anyone who wants to have a guided tour of the best swimming spots in Nassau with two of the most experienced people in their industry. You can be a mermaid/merman or just a two legged water lover, it’s all about having a good time and getting some kick-ass photos of the experience.
Who are the instructors?
Hannah Mermaid has been featured worldwide for her underwater ocean conservation and performance art, creating her own spectacular tails, performing for film, music videos, campaigns, photo shoots, public speaking events, festivals & environmental actions. She swims with sharks, whales dolphins, seals, turtles, rays and more in the open ocean. Hannah can hold her breath for minutes at a time and freedive to depths of over 50 feet. She broke records as the first person to dance with Tiger Sharks on the ocean floor with no scuba or snorkel gear, and was part of an activist group who paddled out to protect dolphins from slaughter in the academy award winning film ’The Cove’. She released a short film called Mantas Last Dance that propelled Manta rays into the public eye and helped pass a law to protect mantas worldwide. She is an advocate for ocean protection, female empowerment, animal conservation and universal love!
Photographer Brett Stanley has been obsessed with all things underwater since he was a child, growing up as a water baby he was almost never out of the family pool. Drawing on this, Brett has spent the last 6 years channelling all his energy in to creating imaginative and innovative images underwater. Working as a full time portrait photographer has meant that Brett has created a large body of underwater work, giving him a unique insight in to how to get the best out of his models, and what will and won’t work below the surface. Brett’s work has been published worldwide, and his underwater images have been used for book covers, album covers, and magazine covers. His relaxed attitude and calm nature make him perfect for teaching others how to stay safe and relaxed under the water.
What is included?
- 5 nights of lodging at our waterfront oasis in Nassau with pool
- 2 days on our sailboat exploring the islands
- Daily excursions including the Clifton Heritage Underwater Sculpture Park
- Transportation to and from Nassau airport
- Transportation for all excursions
- Most meals
- Posing coaching specific to underwater modelling
- 10 Professionally edited images by Brett Stanley
- Loads of relaxation and swimming time!
What will I learn?
During the 5 days Brett & Hannah will be teaching the basics and in depth techniques of underwater modelling, including:
- Posing & playing to camera
- Breathing & stretching exercises to maximise breath-hold
- Techniques for looking relaxed
- How to keep eyes open
- Buoyancy control
- Working with fabrics & dresses
- Underwater Makeup & wig basics
- Controlling hair underwater
- Communication & safety skills
- Yoga/stretching routine designed to allow better oxygen flow through the body and lungs
- Deep breathing and free diving breath hold techniques to increase breath hold capabilities
- Tips and pointers on how to swim like a mermaid most effectively
- Tips and tricks on tail making
- Fine tuning body movements, poses and tricks for underwater dance and swimming
- Conversations on ocean conservation and how you can make a difference
Where will it be held?
We will be hosting the trip at our private waterfront villa in Nassau, Bahamas – minutes from the airport. A welcoming and fun island-style home boasting gorgeous ocean views and rustic charm. The house is open and airy with a large veranda, gazebos, plenty of outdoor seating, pool, hot tub and direct ocean access. Our villa has 5 rooms with various sleeping configurations, outlined below, and 4 bathrooms.
When is it?
27 March – 1 April 2020
- Arrive at the villa and get settled
- Island Exploring/Swimming
- Sailboat trip
- Clifton Sculpture Park trip
- Sailboat trip
- Morning check out of the Oasis
What are the costs?
Special $200 discount, if deposit paid before September 30 2019.
Top floor with king bed, dressing & vanity area, en-suite, and an ocean-front balcony with uninterrupted views as far as the eye can see.
$4500 for the room, including 2 people.
Top floor, lovely airy bright room with queen bed plus optional 2 single substantial foldaway beds, and en-suite bathroom.
$4000 for the room, including 2 people.
$3500 for the Queen bed, including 2 people
$2000/each for additional single bed, max 2
Lower sea floor level bedroom with king bed, shared bathroom and an optional double pull out sofa bed.
$4000 for the room, including 2 people.
$3500 for the King bed, including 2 people
$2100 for the double pull out, max 1 person
Good size family room with a pair of single bunk beds plus a single futon and a double futon with a small bathroom with shower very close by.
$2000 per person
How to to book!
Simply email us with the following details, and we will get back to you with availability: Full Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Room/Bed preference.
We also require a $500 non-refundable deposit per person to secure the booking.